Summer holidays are in full swing and your child is hopefully starting to relax, unwind and settle into holiday mode. As a parent, you may be wondering how to keep your kids stimulated while relaxing during the upcoming Summer break. With 3 months of holidays ahead, it’s time to get creative.
We’ve come up with some bright ideas on how to keep your kids busy & stimulated over the Summer vacation.
- Online Resources:
3 months of generating fun ideas and activities for your kids may turn into a mammoth task – especially on those extra hot days. Yes, it’s true that screen time should be limited especially amongst younger kids, but with this being said, why not encourage your child to participate in some active screen time with some of our favourite online resources:
- Ontario’s Home Learning: has some great interactive resources
- Tynker: Coding made easy
- Discovery Education: Innovative & engaging learning
- Creativebug: Arts & Crafts for all ages
2. YouTube Channels:
Another great alternative for active screen time is educational Youtube channels, of which there are many! From fun and interactive language channels, to Math, Coding & STEM, your bright spark is bound to find an educational channel suited to their individual personality. Here are some of our favourites:
3. Other Fun Activities:
It’s that time of year. The Summer fun is endless. Beach days, pool days, ice cream and fun in the garden is never ending. But why not clear some space on your dining room table for active play and indoor educational games. Here’s how you can mix things up and keep the indoor play fun, stimulating and enticing for all ages:
- Play board games
- Arts and crafts projects
- Creating a birthday calendar
- Cooking and baking together
- Read books together
- Learn a language
4. BrightSparkz Courses:
In the spirit of learning a language for the purpose of cultural integration, future travel, or just for fun – why not sign up for one of our fun & interactive online Language Boot Camps. Learn a language alongside your child, in 10 easy modules. We recognise that winter break is short and family time is precious, which is why we highly recommend these programs, which can be completed in a short period of time, and are suitable for both kids and adults alike. If our Language Boot Camp series doesn’t entice you, we’ve got more sparkling short courses to choose from:
- Learn to Study: Give your child study skills for life with our 2 hour Study Skills Crash Course – one on one with an experienced facilitator and tailored to coach your child on their unique learning needs
- Little Sparkz: This Kindergarten prep and enrichment program is designed to give little minds the brightest start. 10 lessons each divided between literacy, numeracy and creativity, this one will bring fun for the whole family, as well as some keepsakes 🙂
Jump into action before the dreaded “I’m bored!” sinks in. Splash out with our boredom busters this Summer break, and keep your kids stimulated, active and engaged during their vacation.
Written by BrightSparkz Staff Members